Tye Die Ponies

Wednesday, April 2, 2014
This is my first post! I couldn't decide if I wanted to have the first one be about me or something else....let's be honest you don't want to hear all about me. So I am going to write about the tye die pony cakes we made. We had another snowy day in March and decided to make the cake mix the hubby brought home.

What it looked like when we woke up.





We used our Dala Horse pans from Ikea. Because if you can have a cake shaped like a horse, why wouldn't you?? You make the cake just like any other. It comes with directions on how to make different colors and the dye to do it. It can easily be done with a made from scratch cake too.

making the cake colors



After all the colors were mixed I just let the girls do what they wanted. The box has instructions as to what color to do when and how but there was no patience for that. 
Two very proud girls

Insert Jeopardy song while waiting for them to cook.......

VOILA! Two colorful and surprisingly tasty cake.


Thank you for reading my first blog. Bare with me while I get the hang of creating posts. 

Bethany

6 comments:

  1. How cute! My girls would LOVE these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I'll have to keep my eye out for some fun tins. I know i have hearts & those would be cute too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cool. Little girl would be all over this especially if we added sprinkles. Can't have cake without sprinkles. Happy first blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cool. Little girl would be all over this especially if we added sprinkles. Can't have cake without sprinkles. Happy first blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were sprinkles but they started eating it before I had a chance to take pictures.

      Delete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design