Alder Skirt by Imagine Gnats

Thursday, May 15, 2014
I love the Alder Skirt (girls and women's) by Imagine Gnats!! I was surprised when I got the email saying I was chosen to test the girls version...and then even more surprised when I was sent the women's version too! Blew my mind.

It has a fun mod look to it. The girls version comes in size 4-14 and the women's comes in sizes 2-22. I kind of wish the girls came in a little bit of a smaller size so my 2 year old could have one too.
The skirt looks like it will be complicated to make but it isn't! I struggled a little with the pockets but after reading the instructions a few times a light bulb went off in my head and it went smoothly from there. There also is an elastic waist in the back so no zippers or button holes.


My daughter picked out her fabric from my stash, waist and pocket lining is Strawberries Cream from Everyday Party by Emily Isabella for Birch Fabric and the skirt is Ric Rac Rabbits by Andover Fabrics (found on the clearance table at G Street Fabrics).  I went to one of the local fabric stores (Suzzie's Quilt Shop)and found some that was more adult but coordinated. Skirt portion is Michael Miller Tea Room Collection in Rosy Dots. For the life of me I can't remember what the waist and pocket lining fabric is. And of course I have nothing left of it to check, if anyone knows please let me know! 

LOVE the pockets and so does she




She was in no mood for photos and I was really sick that day. So excuse the blah photos. Once she was in a better mood and I was capable of standing my husband took some photos of us together. 


Unfortunately most of them were blurry........


He also kept telling her there was candy in my pockets. Gotta love him!! 

You can pick up both the girls Alder pattern and the women's Alder pattern from Imagine Gnats website. While you are there do yourself a favor and check out her fabric selection. There are some yummy double gauze, chambrays and knits.  


Bethany





5 comments:

  1. What great skirts! I love the fabric combination. Please link this post up with Tuesday Sews at PiePie Designs: http://www.piepiedesigns.com/2014/05/tuesday-sews-giveaway-may-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i hope you know by now how freaking much i love these!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!! I adore that women's skirt!! Looks fabulous on you - and the fact that you guys can match, just melts my heart :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. agreed with Jess! this skirt really suits you ! I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable with the matching skirts! Love the fabric choices, too.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design