CraftingCon Tour - Modern Day Princess Peach

Tuesday, May 27, 2014
It is my day for the CraftingCon tour!! I was super excited when I got picked to have a chance at being part of this fun tour. The tour was set up by Amy of  Friends Stitched Together and Maegen of Mae & K.  There were several options to choose from, I went with Mario. I have always been a fan of the Mario games but was never good at any of them. I remember playing on my best friends little sisters Nintendo Gameboy and could never make it past level 3.


I wanted to do a modern Princess Peach. My oldest loves princesses and pink...how could I go wrong. She loved it! My youngest on the other hand was not as thrilled (her facial expression should sum up how she felt about outfit and photos). We have been working on redoing our backyard and had some bricks laying around that hadn't been put in their places yet so I built a tiny wall and my husband made the fun green tubes. 




For Princess Peach I used the Celestial Tee by Figgy's Studio. The pants are Hosh Pants by LouBee Clothing  both of which I got from the Pattern Parcel #2.  If you haven't seen the Pattern Parcel do yourself a favor and sign up for it.  The crown is glitter foam from Michael's.

Which I had noticed her skirt was wonky 

For this outfit I used the Tinley Tee pattern from GYCT Designs and the Tennis Skirt from Kitschy Coo.  I then cut out a star with yellow felt and some black eyes with felt.

Normally what happens when I ask them stand together for photos. Could be worse right??


Close up of the shirt.





Then the fun started of trying to get them to do video game moves. 



The funniest part was trying to get them to act like they were coming out of the tube.

A for effort.



The oldest was willing to at least attempt some of what I asked her....like pretend to now go down the tube.

She did a pretty good job.



And of course for being a good sport there are gold coins to be collected.






I had a lot of fun coming up with everything for this tour. I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

To follow along here are the other blogs that took part of the tour: 

8 comments:

  1. Really cute! I love the fun wall and the green tubes. They look like they had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! I love the idea and you are so creative in recreating the video game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! I love the idea and you are so creative in recreating the video game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very practical and how perfect to add the outside activity of tunnels-esqe props! I give it two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect playclothes for two cute, active little girls - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Both outfits turned out just adorable! And the setting couldn't be better :) Thank you so much for playing along!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, I love the props as much as I love the clothes! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfits and I love your photo setup too! Thanks for linking up with Tuesday Sews at PiePie Designs!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design