Hope Floats Breezy Blog Tour

Monday, May 12, 2014
I am excited to share with you my part of the Hope Floats Breezy Blog Tour. Lynn of Bebelambs designed the lovely Hope Floats tunic and is nice enough to let me be apart of the tour. This is my first one ever! With summer right around the corner this is a great top for it.

Lynn said she wanted light, airy and beach theme, which the first two were easy to accomplish, the beach part....not so much. I live outside of Washington DC and there aren't a whole lot of beaches close by. So lets just close our eyes and pretend I took my girls to the beach for a photo shoot. But don't close them to long or you won't be able to continue reading or you may fall asleep.
***Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what your children might do if while shutting your eyes you fell asleep. 



Kind of beach looking....it is a fishing dock in the neighborhood

This pattern looks complex but it really isn't. The directions are very easy to follow and goes together smoothly. It has two skirt options to choose from a simple and full version. It is for sizes NB to 10 so you can get a lot of use out of the pattern.

Close up of back. Kind of looks like the sound side of a beach

The back is made using elastic and a button hole. If we are being honest (and I am) I had never done button holes before I made the Labri Maxi from Bebelambs. It was not as scary as I made it be in my head. 

She loves this outfit. The bermuda style shorts are something I just came up with using a pair of pants and shortening them to the knees.

Showing off her twirling skills.

It felt like we were at the beach since it muggy and in the 80's today and is thinking about raining. What can't be seen in most of the pictures is her little sister following her every move. And when I wanted to take photos of the front she insisted on her being in them with her. 

AHH sister love

We also had another little tag along that followed us around the dock hoping we had some food. He kept distracting the girls while I was trying to take photos. Every time he would honk they would run away. 



Do yourself a favor and check out Bebelambs and all her wonderful creations. You can pick up the Hope Floats pattern and many more in her Etsy shop.

Thank you for stopping by! 

Bethany





4 comments:

  1. Wow, I just love this! It looks perfect for hot Summer days. Thanks for linking up with Tuesday Sews at PiePie Designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was actually my first time sewing with eyelet fabric. I considered lining it but changed my mind when I remembered how hot and muggy it gets here.

      Delete
  2. Very cute dress! I love the summery fabric and colors!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design