Mimi Dress and Top by Filles a Maman

Tuesday, June 17, 2014
I am part of the Filles a Maman blog tour for the Mimi Dress and Top pattern.  This pattern is great! I love the unique neckline that it has and it comes in size 12 months to 14 years so you can get plenty of use out of the pattern.

I did the dress version with short sleeves. You can also pick long sleeves, a collar or fringe. I had ordered this fabric from Spoonflower a little while ago. I just couldn't pass it up! It is Supergirls by Witee. She also has a cute boy version. 


Originally I had planned on using a red ribbon for the belt. Then I remembered I gave all but this black one to a neighbor who makes the most wonderful cakes. Surprisingly she was ok with black (she is a pink girl 90% of the time). 



She went with a clear sparkly button. To bad it isn't very sparkly in the picture. It is fun! 


I would recommend this pattern to anyone who has sewn with knits before. Now that you stuck around for this whole thing you get a reward! Use code MIMITOUR20 for 20% off any pattern in the Filles a Maman etsy shop. You can also enter to win a bundle of 5 patterns (yep you read that right, 5!) she is giving away. 


Be sure to also check out the other wonderful ladies who are part of the tour. 


Thanks for stopping by! 

Bethany


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Bethany! It's adorable! I love this dress so much, I'll probably make one for my daughter too! :-)
    Thank You so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every version I stumble upon makes me want to buy this pattern :) Fabulous as usual Bethany!!! BTW I loooooooved your CraftingCon post. Your props + cuties pies = amazing

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design