Stitch Swap

Wednesday, July 23, 2014
A few months ago I signed up to do a stitch swap set up by Stephanie of Swoodson Says. Bloggers signed up to swap one yard of fabric with another blogger. It was done at random so you had no clue who you were going to get. Chrissy from Muse of the Morning got my name and sent some really nice Japanese style Alexander Henry fabric called Sisters of the Golden Temple.

As soon as I saw it I knew exactly what I was going to do. Make an India Bag by Swoon Patterns.
Front

Back



After cleaning out my craft space and seeing how much fabric I have, I told myself I wouldn't buy any more until I use what I have......well this was an exception since I didn't have anything in my stash that coordinated. I found some fabric by Alexander Henry called Golden Garden on Hawthorne Threads site.  The nice thing about this bag is that it can be reversible if you want it to. 

Inside

Close up 

I had fun with the stitch swap. If it ever comes up again, I would definitely do it again. Check out all the other fun stuff the others have come up with their swaps. 



Monday July 21st Stephanie -- Swoodson Says Jamie -- Salutations Louisville Ashley -- Sewing Sober Kathy -- Handmade Dress Haven Tuesday July 22nd Tasha -- Friends Stitched Together Janelle -- Emmaline Bags Kim -- Sew & Tell with Mama Eggo April-- Open Sky Creations Wednesday July 23rd Amy-- Friends Stitched Together Danica -- The Sewing Sparrow Bethany -- Two Novembers Jessica -- The Berry Bunch Thursday July 24th Chrissy -- Muse of the Morning Fenna -- Fabulous Home Sewn Melissa -- Rebel and Malice Irene -- Sugaridoo Friday July 25th Jess -- Gracious Threads Emily -- Tangible Pursuits Roxanne -- Pensebrox Megan -- Upcycling? Refashion That Idea.


Bethany

2 comments:

  1. This bag reminds me of one of my favorite books, Memoirs of a Geisha. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design