Cali Fay Collection - Gardenia Dress for Women

Sunday, October 12, 2014
I love Cali Fay patterns so when I saw that she was looking for women testers for a new dress pattern I applied. Didn't think I would get chosen but to my surprise I did!!

 The test was for the Gardenia Dress for women.  It is a comfy looser fitting knit dress and comes in sizes xxs-xxl. I made a medium since I am 25 weeks pregnant and wanted to make sure there was plenty of room. It has a nice sweetheart detail on the top that adds a little something extra.  Oh and it has pockets! I love pockets.

Not sure what I am looking at....obviously not the camera.


I used  NY Circuit Ashen knit from the Gramercy collection by Leah Duncan for Art Gallery fabric. I picked it up at Finch Sewing Studio in Leesburg, VA but you can also find it on their etsy website.

Because this dress is designed to be on the looser side it will be last my whole pregnancy, which is always nice. It is annoying when you buy something while pregnant and it doesn't last the whole time.


Another plus for me about this dress is the option for layering. Just by itself it is great for spring or summer, add some leggings early spring and fall, throw on a sweater with the leggings and you are set for colder weather.
my layering examples


The fact that my daughter says I looked beautiful in the dress didn't hurt either.

Do yourself a favor and check out Cali Fay Collection patterns. You can pick yourself up the Gardenia pattern and check out all the other great ones she has. I personally own several of her girl patterns and have loved every single one of them.

Thanks for stopping by!

Bethany 

2 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful!! That dress is awesome, I was going to test but at the time I wasn't fit for sizing lol Congrats on the pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The dress is super comfy.

      Delete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design